Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Stitching Time and a Thank You

Since I started my blog I have been unable to stitch. I have been working late. By the time I get home I am to tired to stitch. Got several big deadlines due at work for next week but after that I am planning on having some quality stitching time.

I would like to thank every one for all the nice comments that have been left on my blog. I think it is great that there are crafters who still like to cross stitch. None of my friends or family cross stitch so I have really no one to talk stitching with. They tell me they can't and don't see how I can sit there and stitch.  My response to them is I don't see how or why they can't.

I heard one time the cross stitch was a dying art and now I am hearing that it is making a come back.  My best friend taught me how when I was 15 years old. She gave a few basics and I took it from there. I never thought I would still would enjoy it as much as I do 28 years later. I would like to add now best friend does not stitch that much anymore she has taken up scrap-booking. I told she was a traitor and she laughed at me.

I hope to have an update picture to post soon.

Stitch-a-ly Yours,

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Cross stitching has been going on for centuries - so no chance of it dying out... I do think however, that magazines and shops started to bring in too many paper/card crafts and knitting and left us in the background .. but have you seen what some places are charging for cross stitch kits nowadays !!!!! shocking ... I was also taught stitching very early from mother and grandma from age 7 and now I am 65 and still stitching !!

    Val (Friendly stitchers)

    ReplyDelete